Sunday 6 September 2009

Clipper Round the World Yacht Race

The Clipper Round the World Yacht Race has begun arriving in Hull marina, with the race starting on the 13 September 2009, it runs from Hull to Hull round the World. The reason why it is interesting is because the stripped down 68ft racing yachts are crewed by amateurs (like me), also each yacht is named after a sponsoring city, region or country.

So it must be very popular right? All you have to do is sign up at the web site here and they send you a pack!

http://www.clipperroundtheworld.com/index.php/take_part

The cynic within me thinks there must be a catch here - it can't be that easy - fill in the form - do the training - go on the race around the World.... I'd do it tomorrow ..

I think the catch is somewhere along the line someone (you?) will need to pay for the fun you have and I bet it's not cheap. Someone let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment