Sunday 16 May 2010

May Mug and Burgee Report

May Mug Race Results
Well more excuses I'm afraid. This time we hit the mud right after the start line - I had only just uttered the words, "...if we stay off the mud we might win". However too much enthusiasm to play with the spinnaker ended up with me trying to push the boat off the lea shore which should be renamed lea mud bank. The boat was a mess and we were well behind the fleet. However we did have satisfaction reeling some of them in. Results below....

May Mug / Sykes 2 Results

I heard a rumour I am in line for the Ploughing Trophy - something to do with the mud adventures.
Burgee Report
At the top of the Topaz Xenon mast there is no-where to put your burgee and I gather that the thing to do is buy a burgee holder. Well, given we were about to go sailing there had to be another solution and  magic gaffer tape was put into use.

Pic - Magic Gaffer Tape Burgee Holder

Can I report the gaffer tape burgee holder works a treat and really does help with sails.

No comments:

Post a Comment