Wednesday 11 August 2010

Silverware at Last

I firmly believe that the conditions at Wivenhoe are inclined to favour the smaller boats in oppose the Xenon. They are able to cut the corners of the river over the shallow mud and, in the case of Mirrors, benefit from enormously generous handicaps; controversy!!. Additionally the Lasers appear to tack a lot faster - I reckon they are able to get up speed faster in light winds and I need to work on the rolling tack more.

Although we thought we had the Up the River Race sewn-up, whilst in the lead on the return leg, we found ourselves going backwards opposite the pub at Rowhedge. This allowed the Lasers to catch-up and overtake. There is also an element of luck around here as well with the fluky winds.

All that said the last race I entered we won.

At last I have some silverware to display in the lounge and remind all sailors who visit just how good I am - it couldn't possibly be luck could it.
Pic - Ready to Launch

No comments:

Post a Comment