Monday 25 May 2009

2x Races 1x Weekend

This weekend, with much anticipation, the Zambezi Shark was entered into her first race. To start the picture on the right is not us (but could be!).
Becalmed in the scorching sun we took 20 minutes to cross the start line. So far so good 'cos we were actually in front. However it appears I need to work harder on my tacking as a couple of those pesky little Laser boats got away when we reached this part of the course.

On the return leg we popped open the spinnaker for the first time and it was AWESOME - had we had another 1000 yards would have pipped those Lasers. We came 3rd out of about 8(?). My spinnaker is black btw.

Monday (today) we came 2nd but perhaps because of the effect of the previous day, the 4am feed of King Alfred and the drinking at the-night-before-BBQ I was a little knackered. No spinnaker this time as we were being overpowered by the main - my race buddy and I now want a harness for the trapeze.

During a long weekend, racing twice is a sure way to appear absent from the family; future weekends like this will need to require negotiation with the Wife,

No comments:

Post a Comment