Thursday 4 June 2009

Wivenhoe Regatta 2009

Last week it was hot, hotter than the Med....er probably.

Unfortunately I couldn't get out on the boat because tides, crew and my flight to Edinburgh check-in time could not be co-ordinated. However I did manage to have a meander round the Wivenhoe Regatta and take some snaps. It was a great day for sailing and I found myself quite jealous of the boats going by - there was a good breeze and was a gorgeous day.

The Wivenhoe One design is a boat and feature of the day. I always find it strange even though a small number were built, (about 20) they attract such enthusiasm from their owners and they have been kept going for so long. FYI they are the smaller looking boats with the red and white flag (burgee) on the sail. The others are 100 year old smacks that are sailed in the Essex, Thames area.

No comments:

Post a Comment