Friday 26 June 2009

Ipswich Dock

Sailing on the East Coast isn't all muddy banks, creeks and difficult-to-navigate rivers. Yesterday on a blazing summer's day I found myself at Ipswich Dock which is or has been one of the largest regeneration projects in the East of England....!

Mrs Hook and I boarded the Il Punto, which is "a renown French Brasserie alfloat and moored alongside Neptune Quay at Ipswich Marina".


The food was fantastic and so was the service. My only complaint was the weather was just too hot!! Anyway this made it impossible to tell that we were still on "Mud Island" and it was very easy to imagine being in Antibes again (which by the way has a very interesting looking Yacht Show).

Unfortunately this has rekindled my interest in getting a bigger boat to sail on.

No comments:

Post a Comment