Thursday 20 August 2009

Xenon Handicap and others

In a sop to the search engines I am going to put in a post that covers the PY Handicaps of the Topper Xenon and others who I race against.....


Topper Zenon - 1070 (with Trapeze??)

Laser - 1078

Wayfarer - 1099

Topaz - 1212

Mirror - 1365

Wivenhoe One Design - ????

A list of the most popular fleet boats can be found here thanks to the RYA. What is not clear to me is how the Trapeze option impacts the handicap. I think that the handicap above is with the Trapeze operating. I don't have a harness yet so I believe that I am probably getting penalised with a too high a handicap at club races.....hmmm very interesting I must find out more as this could make some big changes to my race results..!

4 comments:

  1. ps - anyone know the Wivenhoe One Design handicap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't think the trapeze comes as standard on the xenon, its an added extra (at least my club added it after buying the boat). so i would have thought this was without trapeze...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read the PY handicap on the RYA link in the text it indicates (T) i.e. with a trapeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so for the xenon what is the handicap without trapeze???

    ReplyDelete