Monday 6 July 2009

Sailing and Fishing

I have been interested in the idea of fishing off the back of my Topper Xenon. I have however come to the conclusion that the style of dinghy makes it totally impracticable. Unlike a Wayfarer it is impossible to drop the main and wrap it up round the boom. Since I have a gnav and not a vang (American I know, should be called a kicker), when the main sail comes down, the boom does as well leaving the deck covered in sail and boom. The advantage however is that when the main sail is up, there is more room on deck. This might mean I am better off fishing whilst underway, perhaps some type of trawling with a line and spinner on the end, the sort of thing you see in the Pacific when line catching tuna - idle thoughts I know when in Essex.

Here's a chap called Blakdog who fishes on the Colne River; I'll keep an eye on to see if there is anything worth catching http://seaanglersnotebook.blogspot.com/2009/05/batemans-tower-brightlingsea-essex.html

No comments:

Post a Comment