Thursday 30 July 2009

Trapeze required for Xenon

I have being mulling over how we came to capsize the Xenon and how we could have avoided it - thoughts are with me still because I am only just loosing the stiffness and bruises I developed last Sunday.

Given that from the weather station records it was blowing F5/F6, and we, without a care in the World, popped the spinnaker up on a dinghy, I think we were pushing it. It was a very gentle blow over and it makes me think that we might have been able to avoid it if The Bar Man, my loyal crewman, had had a harness for the trapeze kit.

If anyone knows of one going, let me know!

6 comments:

  1. I'm also after a mast float!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I've got a trapeze kit for a Xenon in the garage - you can have it for half of whatever Topper want for a new one.

    Small mast floats don't help much as the boat floats so high on its side.

    PY of 1070 has been changed to 1075 by Topper I think. The boat is sold as a hiking boat so a trapeze would attract a lower/faster PY.

    We used to furl the jib downwind in light conditions as it seemed to go better. When powerd up yoou need the jib to aid the flow over the main.

    There is a Xenon/Omega open in September at Gunfleet Sailing club - worth your while going I think!

    Good luck!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the credit crunch I am still interested

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just seen your comment - I have no idea how to contact you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really only need the harness...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Im interested in trapeze harness etc fro my xenon dpart@aol.com Re masthead 1 gallon water container seems to work and stop the invert! I have seen someone who sails with port and starboard Xenon floats as well

    David

    ReplyDelete